Dr. Arthur E Farnsley II
Indiana University - Purdue University Indianapolis:
Center for the Study of Religion and American Culture
Cavanaugh Hall 417
425 University Blvd
Indianapolis, IN 46202-5140
The Society for the Scientific Study of Religion stimulates, promotes,
and communicates social scientific research about religious
institutions and experiences. Founded in 1949, SSSR fosters
interdisciplinary dialogue and collaboration among scholars from
sociology, religious studies, psychology, political science, economics,
international studies, gender studies, and many other fields. Its
flagship publication, the Journal for the Scientific Study of Religion,
is the most cited resource in the field.
Member Benefits Include:
- Annual subscription, both print and online, to the Journal for the Scientific Study of Religion.
- Participation in the annual meeting with as many as 500 colleagues who share your interests.
- Eligibility for the Society's grants - made possible by the Jack Shand Endowment - to support PhD-level and dissertation research.
- Eligibility for International Travel and Student Travel awards to attend the annual meeting.
- Periodic updates about job postings, conferences, and other relevant information as well as access to members-only sections of
Scholars and graduate students from all fields are invited to join the Society and to participate fully in its many programs.
Become a Member